Trouble with image upload

tjcouch

I am creating the page for my second Travel Bug. But the submission form does not have a field for uploading a picture to the page.

But when I edit the page for my first TB, it does.

Cruel trick? Am I missing something? Or system Glitch?

Solution? (pleasew don'e make me use HTML!

I repeatedly get an error "error accessing..." with the URL for the upload CGI. I've tried it with multiple pictures on multiple cache logs and on our profile page. Oddly enough, I was able to upload an image for a new cache we posted yesterday. But it's been two days now with the same error message.

It does not smell like a timeout issue; although the site has been slow the last few days, the error message comes back before the usual timeout interval.

We've uploaded many images before so this is not a newbie problem (although to be sure I would love more consistency on the site as far as having buttons in the same place and sequence in different areas, such as TBs, cache logs, etc.)

== Alt Dot Air ==

I just triple-checked, and realized the image was a smidge over 100K. In the past, when this happened, I got a clear error message stating the file was too large. This time I'm just getting URL failure to load messages. (It worked fine when I reduced the images to a lower size).

This brings up another minor pet peeve...I spent an hour whacking my head one day some months ago trying to figure out why my modifications to our profile page were resulting in a "page inaccessible" error with a Microsoft OLE SQL blah blah blah error message. I finally just tried edits at random, and discovered there's a size limit to text on the profile page. What would have been really helpful is (a) some kind of notice there's a size limit and what it is, and (:D a useful error message when the size is exceeded, not just a Microsoft OLE blah blah blah error message. Obviously the error is being generated when the database update is attempted; you need to return a message to the CGI so a proper HTML error message is generated.

Thanks in advance for putting this on the maintenance to-do list...

== Alt Dot Air ==