eTrex Hcx lost GPS SW

Ratone

Since yesterday my eTrex Hcx, shows GPS SW version 0.00, thus not acquiring satellites signals.

When trying to install the GPS SW via WebUpdater (M2 chipset), the GPS is detected and the update starts. When reaching 13% the update stops and a pop-up window warns about (translation from spanish WebUpdater):

1- The Interface option is set up to Garmin or host mode.

2- The cable is connected to the right port.

3- The Garmin device is turned on.

Tried to downgrade to earlier firmware versions from 3.20, even tried 2.30, but WebUpdater first updates the unit software, then the GPSW.

Any experience/hint on this problem? Your help is much appreciated.

Edited by Ratone

I had a similar issue with my Venture HC where it would not update nor would it even boot! I did the following instructions and it fixed it right up:

After WebUpdater has been installed press Next for the WebUpdater to look for a device. With the device turned off, hold up on the click stick, connect it to the computer, press the power button, continue holding up, click on Find Device. When WebUpdater finds the device click next and keep clicking next to update the software. When the device says loader release the clickstick.