Sending multiple caches to GPS?

Fizikz

Hello,

I'm fairly new to geocaching and very new to this site. I have a basic membership and have been able to send caches directly to my gps unit 1 at a time.

is there a way to send multiple caches to a gps unit? say an entire page of search results? or ALL search results? or a selected section of the map?

I've seen the download all section at the bottom of the page under search results, but when i try and user it it downloads something in a format my pc cant recognize.

Is this something that comes with premium membership? Ideally I would like to download a bunch (~150 or so) in one fell swoop before i go on vacation with no internet.

Thanks for any help

Last time I checked, the most caches a non-premium members can download is 20 non-premium cache waypoints. They could only go to your PC as a .loc file. Mine is setup to open with MapSource. If you don't have that, you can download freeware, such as EasyGPS.

From a cache web page, click on the Find-all-nearby cache links.

Hello,

I'm fairly new to geocaching and very new to this site. I have a basic membership and have been able to send caches directly to my gps unit 1 at a time.

is there a way to send multiple caches to a gps unit? say an entire page of search results? or ALL search results? or a selected section of the map?

I've seen the download all section at the bottom of the page under search results, but when i try and user it it downloads something in a format my pc cant recognize.

Is this something that comes with premium membership? Ideally I would like to download a bunch (~150 or so) in one fell swoop before i go on vacation with no internet.

Thanks for any help

Responding to the highlight bolding....

Premium Membership allows you to set-up and run up to five Pocket Queries per day. Each PQ can contain up to 1,000 caches which can be directly uploaded to your GPSR (depending on the units' capabilities). Depending upon what make/model your GPSr is, it could hold up to 5,000 (or more) geocaches (that, my friend, is a lot of geocaching)!

Pocket Queries utilize GPX files which are more inclusive than LOC files. All of the cache page info is there, including the hint and last five posted logs (it does not provide the map or photos).

Hello,

Thanks for any help

As a basic member you best option is the download all at the bottom. This gives you the 20 caches listed on the page in a .loc file. You'll need a program like EasyGPS or GSAK to open that file and send the contents to your GPSr.