Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cachew nut

are deleted logs gone forever?

or is there a backup somewhere? I deleted a log by accident when I was going to add to the "favorite log" discussion. Can the administrators get it back for me or am I SOL?

quote:
Originally posted by cachew nut:

or is there a backup somewhere? I deleted a log by accident when I was going to add to the "favorite log" discussion. Can the administrators get it back for me or am I SOL?

Give me the cache id and I'll see what I can do. icon_wink.gif

-Elias

quote:
Originally posted by cachew nut:

Give me the cache id and I'll see what I can do. icon_wink.gif

-Elias

The amazing people at Groundspeak did that same thing for me when I did the exact same thing. icon_biggrin.gif

Of course, I captured the LID # prior to having hit that stupid "Delete This Log" link. icon_wink.gif

In other words, with enough info, it probably can be recovered, as Elias pointed out.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

The amazing people at Groundspeak did that same thing for me when I did the exact same thing. icon_biggrin.gif

Of course, I captured the LID # prior to having hit that stupid "Delete This Log" link. icon_wink.gif

In other words, with enough info, it probably can be recovered, as Elias pointed out.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

Isn't there a confirmation page after you hit the delete button?

Jamie

I didn't see any confirmation. I was trying to copy the LID id and I must have copied the same URL as is used to delete a log.

The log in question should be restored. I think I got the right one, but please let me know if I goofed. icon_smile.gif

-Elias

The log in question should be restored. I think I got the right one, but please let me know if I goofed. icon_smile.gif

-Elias

quote:
Originally posted by Elias:

You're the man, everything is ok now. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Elias:

You're the man, everything is ok now. Thanks.