Bugs in forums

TresOkies

Here are a couple bugs I've found in the forums...

1. http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=1980966883&m=7060956493

Notice arffer's comment of 3/2. Appears to be in the middle of the posting. Perhaps a truncation from the import.

2. http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=1980966883&m=9530979883

ExConn seems to have several postings that are probably parts of one and appear to be torn apart with HTML tags thrown in to boot. FWIW, you should probably prevent people from screwing around with font tags since they apparently show up.

3. I'm often thrown back to the root of the forums for no discernable reason. And, no, I'm not taking hits on my crack pipe while surfing. I know I'm _not_ pressing the root link. icon_smile.gif

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

13914_200.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by TresOkies:

ExConn seems to have several postings that are probably parts of one and appear to be torn apart with HTML tags thrown in to boot. FWIW, you should probably prevent people from screwing around with font tags since they apparently show up.

I really got hacked up in that thread. icon_eek.gif

I noticed alot of these strange happenings at the time of the forum transfer, but I have not seen them since. My guess is that the "The forum import was not perfect" statement at the top of the new forums is directed at these types of instances.

Also, I never used font tags so I think it was just a one time thing as a result of the forum transfer...

-exConn

What is Project Virginia?

quote:
Originally posted by exConn:

My guess is that the "The forum import was not perfect" statement at the top of the new forums is directed at these types of instances.

No doubt. The one that really bugs me is that I am quite often sent back to the root of the forums for absolutely no reason. I'm running IE 5 on Mac OS 9.2. [if you want to be cute and tell me to get a better browser/OS, you can kiss my backside icon_razz.gif ]

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

13914_200.jpg

Corrupted Posts:

We had some serious problems importing the content from the old forums which corrupted those posts and several others. The import software would keep crashing for some reason and had to be restarted - it took over a week to import the old posts. icon_frown.gif

Login Issues:

Check out my posts in this thread. I talk about some of the possible causes for the problems you may be experiencing. If you find that the forums are still behaving differently, let me know and I'll keep working on it.

-Elias