Difficult puzzle

A few weeks ago I discovered geocaching for the disabled and now I'm hooked. Even though I'm still new at this, I love it! Unfortunately, I think I got in over my head today when I picked up a TB that wants to be placed in a puzzle cache. The only disability-friendly puzzle cache that I can find within 60km has a puzzle that is beyond my experience level. The puzzle requires me to figure out the co-ordinates using a code called "Blackhorse +3." I was hoping to find out what that code was through internet and geocache research, but so far I have gotten nowhere. Does anyone know what a "Blackhorse +3" code is, or can anyone link me to a website that will tell me what this code means?

Thanks!

cameracowgirl

Thanks for the suggestion, sshipway. I was not aware of that type of store code and it didn't come up in any of my googling or geocache research. Once I added the word "store" to my search criteria it came up right away. I should be able to solve the puzzle now :) Thank you very much!

Sorry, popokiiti, but GC1B2Q3 has a terrain rating that might land me in the hospital. It does look fun, though :)

cameracowgirl

I think you figured out how to solve that one, so all may be well.

If not, don't worry too much about it, put the traveler in another cache, even if it is not a puzzle cache.

We do what we can to help TBs with their goal, but we can't always meet their goals.

If the TB wanted to be on top of Mt. McKinley, you (or I) probably couldn't get it there either (for a number of reasons).

The biggest thing to me regarding travelers is to keep them traveling!

Thanks for the suggestion, sshipway. I was not aware of that type of store code and it didn't come up in any of my googling or geocache research. Once I added the word "store" to my search criteria it came up right away. I should be able to solve the puzzle now :) Thank you very much!

Sorry, popokiiti, but GC1B2Q3 has a terrain rating that might land me in the hospital. It does look fun, though :)

cameracowgirl

The Strip Tease puzzle is fun - but I don't want you in the hospital because of the terrain. Glad you are on the right track with Lumbo-Tire's puzzle cache.

Hahaha! :laughing: This is turning out to be a lot easier than what I thought.

In the end, not only did I not need to figure out what a "blackhorse code" was, but it also turns out that I don't need to use my GPS to find this cache.

I had my suspicions of where the cache was located based on the clues in the name and the description, but since I didn't want to arouse the suspicions of muggles I thought that it might be a good idea to figure out the co-ordinates in case I was wrong. I finished calculating the blackhorse code and checking the co-ordinates on a map a few minutes ago. My suspicions have been confirmed.

Coincidentally, I was planning to be across the street from this cache tomorrow for an unrelated reason, so I can just drop off the TB while I'm at it. Did I mention that this is turning out to be a lot easier than what I thought? :D

Thanks for the help everyone!

cameracowgirl