Pocket Queries

I have a Colorado and have always done my pocket queries through email, however we're going on holidays this summer and a few of my queries have more than 500 caches in them therefore I need to download them instead of going through email. When they're emailed, I click on the file, unzip it, then copy and then either store it on in my PQ folder on the desktop or paste it into the gpx file on my gps. When I was looking at the "Pocket Queries ready for download" and clicked on a pocket query it wants to open it with wordpad, Adobe, Microsoft word, or some other program and none seem to work. All I want to do is unzip the file and save it in my Pocket Queries folder on my desktop. I did this once before a long time ago, but can't figure it out. Any suggestions?

Lisa

PQ greater than 500 equal email notification

PQ 500 or less comes in the email.

New policy no way around it.

When I go to the download page and click it automatically downloads it to my download folder.

Sounds like you may have a problem with your browser or default action settings on the computer.

Edited by Walts Hunting

At some point the file association for your browser has been set to open with notepad. Try right clicking on the link and select download this file. At the bottom of that dialog box should be an option to do this from now on. Select that and it should reset the link. You could also right click on the link and select open with winzip as the option.

After throwing a little bit of a tantrum my husband came to the rescue...kind of...I turned on 5 PQs and eventually figured out if when I click on the PQ when in the "Pocket Queries ready for download" page a little box pops up at the bottom of my screen asking if I want to 'open', 'save', or 'view download'. I can open, open with, save, save as, and nothing worked. But then iIf I click the down arrow beside save, I have a choice 'save and open' which immediately take me to a folder to extract the file. It worked for 4 out of the 5 I downloaded. When I tried to open and save the 5th PQ the 'open and save' option stayed greyed out. Mark showed me at one spot how I can delete the end of a file and add .zip and then unzip it, when he commented that the PQ name was probably too long and when I changed the PQ name to a short one, it worked. That doesn't make any sense to me, but I guess all that matters is that it works.