Jeremy, ever considered logging finds via email?

Sissy-n-CR

With the crunch of logging done at particular times, using an email-based logging scheme for those of us a little more tech savvy could ease things. The email parser could work at its own pace and not have to worry about keeping up demand so much.

Create a strict template and parse them as they come in. We can log and be done with it!

CR

72057_2000.gif

I can't imagine how the authentication would be done in that case? The sender address can be forged too easily, PGP or S-MIME signature would be fine but e-mail encryption would probably more complicated for non-technical users than the current web form.

Czech caching in US.

I don't see authentication needing to be any more strict than logging onto the site normally. You could simply put user name and password directly in the body of the email, something like:

UserName:Sissy-n-CRPassword:JeremyRules  #Blatant Sucking upCacheID:36745Waypoint:GC8f89    #Either/or, one checked against the other for accuaracyDate:              #dd/mm/yyyy or date processed if blankLogType:FI         #Found It = FI, Did Not Find = DNF, Note = NOTE, Should Be Archived = SBACoords:            #In the form of DXXº XX.XXX, DXXXº XX.XXXURL:Encrypt:           #Yes = Y, No = NComments: Found it, logged it, yada yada yada...TravelerDropped:   #IDs of TBs dropped seperated by commas

The above is just a quick example off the top of my head, not much to it I would think.

Adding a seperate password for site log on and email authentication would add security, as would implementing a PGP scheme--PGP, being free, is a good, solid way to keep really secure, but cheap--but this not like a bank or anything. If your password is compromised, you're not out much. Just rebuild.

CR

72057_2000.gif