Creative Travelbugs

AggieCache09

Howdy y'all,

I wanted to start this topic to encourage and give a place for people to discuss creative ideas for TB's. Some ideas I have had involve different locations for the bug to visit (i.e. waterfalls, islands, deserts) or actions that each person should take while moving the bug (i.e. taking a picture or painting the item attached to the tag).

I would love to hear more examples of creativity and if you have an active bug that you think is creative do tag it's information!

-Aggiecache09

I saw a friend who sent his ex-wife's wedding ring out as a TB! Sad as it is, I thought it was very creative and interesting. He called it The Ring of Fire, and it is TB33NWG.

One of my little ones attached a toy to hers and asked all who find it to tell about their favorite toy. Traveling Toy Tales = TB3ZM1P

I have dropped one that is particularly meaningful to me (although it hasn't moved yet!). It's called "Sing! Sing a song!" TB3ZM0X

My grandmother used to make chocolate chip cookies by the thousands. I decided to encase one of them with a TB tag in clear resin and send it around the US visiting states like she and my grandfather used to do. She had the best time keeping up with it. Unfortunately the TB went missing but not until it had traveled for almost 5 years and covered over 19K miles. TB974

One of my travel bugs is called Nurse Nanna's Nemesis (TB1929X). My geocaching friend Nurse Nanna is deathly afraid of snakes. I made a travel bug out of a rubber snake with the goals:

1. Be placed in a cache outside of Chelsea, Michigan.

2. Be placed in a cache outside of Michigan.

3. Be placed in a cache outside of the United States.

4. Be placed in a cache outside of North America.

5. Be placed in the Down on the Corner (GCRFJM) cache, which is the cache that is the farthest away from Chelsea.

It has traveled over 16,600 miles and it was recently dropped into a geocache in Western Australia only a few hundred miles away from its ultimate goal.

I think that my Grete Waitz challenge geocoin (TB3YX99) is pretty creative: "(...) Any geocache is fine, but I challenge you to help the coin visit - or even take part in - marathon races, cancer charity events or Special Olympics events!"

The coin page has a lot of different possible achievements listed. The good thing is, anyone can move it anywhere, and it will still be close to somewhere or someone with the possibility of fulfilling one of the achievements.

I also have two mascots trying to visit former Olympic cities (TB334G4) and the city of the upcoming Youth Olympic Games (TB334F1).

Hi,

I have a TB called "Morphy" that has a mission to change with every new finder..

Morphy

It's only new but should be fun.

Cheers

Howdy y'all,

I wanted to start this topic to encourage and give a place for people to discuss creative ideas for TB's. Some ideas I have had involve different locations for the bug to visit (i.e. waterfalls, islands, deserts) or actions that each person should take while moving the bug (i.e. taking a picture or painting the item attached to the tag).

I would love to hear more examples of creativity and if you have an active bug that you think is creative do tag it's information!

-Aggiecache09

I think that my Grete Waitz challenge geocoin (TB3YX99) is pretty creative: "(...) Any geocache is fine, but I challenge you to help the coin visit - or even take part in - marathon races, cancer charity events or Special Olympics events!"

I missed the news about Grete Waitz's death. I was a long distance runner when I was in high school and remember following Grete's achievements here in the U.S. I don't do long distance running anymore, but I'll put this geocoin on my watchlist in case it comes by Chelsea, Michigan.