Other book readers

TresOkies

I'm just curious if Mobi is the final choice in book readers. I don't have any problems with it, but I installed the .prc only from a Mac instead of using the Windows installer. So, I don't get the conduit and toolbar problems that Windows users are experiencing with Mobi. Perhaps it would be best if you suggest that Windows users download the Stuffit version of Mobi and use that instead of the .exe version.

FWIW, the Palm book reader from palmdigitalmedia.com has a version for PocketPC as well as Mac and Windows. There are even tools on the site for making eBooks from any text.

Just a thought.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

I wouldn't say final, but it's definitely a good interim solution. We did look extensively into the Palm version and found their conversion tools lacking, unfortunately.

We're working on alternate versions (Such as GPX) to add to the list of options.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

quote:
Originally posted by TresOkies:

Ah, so then I could create a GPX->whatever converter module for GeoBuddy and use whichever eBook reader I chose? That would be cool.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

I think if you search in the discussion when the palm query option first came out I volenteered you and Geobuddy for the mission! icon_wink.gif

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

quote:
Originally posted by TresOkies:

Ah, so then I could create a GPX->whatever converter module for GeoBuddy and use whichever eBook reader I chose? That would be cool.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

I think if you search in the discussion when the palm query option first came out I volenteered you and Geobuddy for the mission! icon_wink.gif

Rob

Mobile Cache Command