Geocaching Live beta

Hi,

I've been using Geocaching Live beta 0.99.01 for some time on my Sony Ericcson mobile phone. It's generally been fairly good, if a little sluggish.

Over the last few weeks however, it's stopped downloading cache details, hanging on [Loading description]. I've tried the PC webstart version on my computer, & that's doing the same.

Does anyone know if this is a general problem? Is anyone else having better luck with the beta version? Are GS stopping support for the beta version now version 2 is released for compatible devices?

Would love to get this sorted as it doesn't look like they will release a version 2 for java phones.

I tried using GCL on my Nokia 5800 a few months ago. When it worked it was fine. But like you I found that it just hung without warning, so I would spend ages wondering whether it was still trying to download or had failed. I got fed up with this, bit the bullet, and invested in Trimble's Geocache Navigator. This has it's faults, but at least I can rely on it working when I want it to - and the support's better for a paid-for product. Hope that helps.

I tried using GCL on my Nokia 5800 a few months ago. When it worked it was fine. But like you I found that it just hung without warning, so I would spend ages wondering whether it was still trying to download or had failed. I got fed up with this, bit the bullet, and invested in Trimble's Geocache Navigator. This has it's faults, but at least I can rely on it working when I want it to - and the support's better for a paid-for product. Hope that helps.

That does help, thanks. Do you know if it will work on a java based SE phone? The info doesn;t seem to be on their website.

Sorry, can't help with that one - can't claim to be a geek on these things ! I bought GCN through Nokia's Ovi store, which sorted all the stuff about whether it was compatible with my phone. Is there an equivalent app store for Sony-Ericson ? If not, I guess the only thing would be to contact Trimble direct to ask if there's a version compatible with your phone.

Cheers

Sorry, can't help with that one - can't claim to be a geek on these things ! I bought GCN through Nokia's Ovi store, which sorted all the stuff about whether it was compatible with my phone. Is there an equivalent app store for Sony-Ericson ? If not, I guess the only thing would be to contact Trimble direct to ask if there's a version compatible with your phone.

Cheers

Thanks, will do.