.gpx file version and Mapsource

SKS

I've had issues with loading some gpx files onto Mapsource and having the caches displayed with the cache "nickname", and other gpx files will load and display cache by GC#. Just by a lucky guess it appears that the discrepancy is caused by which version of gpx file is selected in my geocaching.com account details. Version 1.0 displays with "nickname" and version 1.0.1 diaplays with GC#. Does anyone know why this changes from one version to the other, and can v.1.0.1 gpx be made to display by "nickname" in Mapsource?

Are you dropping them as they arrive or going through GSAK?

Are these PQ's or downloads from the preview page?

My Queries always show the GC number when dropped into Mapsource

The difference in the versions is the attributes and shouldn't affect display.

Edited by Walts Hunting

L.S.

I creatie a pocket query of a track. It does not open in Mapsource or in Windows. Does this mean that it is corrupt?

Need a little more info.

What do you mean doesn't open in windows. The PQ is probably a zip file and you cannot drop them into Mapsource. You have to open it and then drop the individual files into it.

L.S.

I creatie a pocket query of a track. It does not open in Mapsource or in Windows. Does this mean that it is corrupt?

Need a little more info.

What do you mean doesn't open in windows. The PQ is probably a zip file and you cannot drop them into Mapsource. You have to open it and then drop the individual files into it.

Sorry for my late response. Could not find the way back to the forum ;-).

From all the PQ, dropped, nickname ZIP secret language I presume I only need the link to where the pocket query procedure is explained to outsiders.

Nowhere I found that the procedure creates a ZIP file, so that could be the problem. Since June I never touched the system again (a bit disapointed ).

Thanks anyway

Fred Knijf for TORIBEX

If a PQ holds more then 500 caches then the file you get is a zip file containing 2 .GPX files. One has all the cache data in it while the other contains the additional waypoints from the caches such as parking and trail head locations. Before you can open the .gpx files in mapsource you will have to unzip the file to gain access to the .gpx files.