GPS Puzzle Box

Has anyone seen the Reverse Geocache boxes built by hobbyists on the web?

I made one of these GPS puzzle boxes as well...

It was a very difficult project, but well worth the experience.

I did not get it finished in time for the intended “gift” recipient, so I have decided to sell it…

It might be a bit pricey, though. Anyone interested?

I can also put together some pre-programmed “kits” of the electronic guts of the thing, since I have most of the parts laying around... Then, others could make one using their own box or enclosure.

It can be easily configured with up to five coordinates for the recipient puzzle solver to locate in sequence…

See a short clip of the puzzle box I have posted on YouTube here…

I have also written some configuration and operating instructions to go with it.

Custom Puzzle Box price: 545.00

Kit of guts (with parts soldered into PCB): 375.00

... via PayPal

Yes... Press the button... the microprocessor will connect to the GPS module inside, and the display will then show a distance. This distance is how far it is to the location you must take the box. At the predetermined "location", the box will unlock when the button is pressed.

It is intended to be used as a kind of gift box for someone who likes a good puzzle.

Or, use it to place a ring inside and propose to your fiance' when he/she finds the location and reveals the secret ring.