Carrots thread...

SooMukwas

Because I missed out giving my thoughts on another thread that was just locked, posting my thoughts here. :)

replying to:

"I love the aspect of achievements. The original masters program is one of the reasons I am getting my passport. Without leaving my country or making an extremely long road trip, I can never attain the platinum level (the 5 states/countries part). Will my life change when I become a platinum master? No not at all, but I will feel a sense of accomplishment. I look forward to the new levels even though I have a long way to go till I hit the first level.

I am also proud of my gamerscore on xbox live. Does it matter that collected 20 Vault-tec bobbleheads in Fallout 3? It matters to me that's why I replayed the game to make sure I got them all.

I am not sure why there is so much angst towards new levels. If its something that you like, then strive for it. If you couldn't care at all for it, then ignore them."

-----------------------

Same with me, I haven't done many EC's, but I feel a sense of accomplishment everytime I do one and I love seeing my stats slowly going up everytime I find one.

Again, same as you, I love seeing that little window popping open in XBox saying I got a new achievement and seeing my gamerscore increasing. Earth-shattering? No, but it feels good, eh?

I also fully agree with you on those who have angst towards something that others enjoy. But remember, this forum is probably all that they have for a life(hence the angst?). Let them enjoy spouting off from their imaginary high horse if it makes them feel good about themselves.

Achieving a new accomplishment is one of the things that makes me feel good about myself, whether it is in the form of a little icon on a webpage, points on XBox Live or just personally recognizing what I did and keeping it to myself!

If a thread got locked then what makes you think its a good idea to start a new on on the same topic?

becasue it got locked at the request of the OP of that thread, there's nothing saying nobody can start their own thread on the same subject

I am closing this thread as well, for now. The original thread was closed at the request of the original poster, but it was closed for a reason. I respect that reason and ask you all do the same.

This topic needs rest. After a cooling off period of at least one week, I will allow a similar thread to be opened, if someone desires to do so.