Easter Sunday in UK (except Scotland)

Copepod

I've just made use of the law that prevents large shops from opening in England on Easter Day to get 2 nanos in Cambridge that would be more difficult on most Sundays. Still had disorientated tourists , of course :rolleyes: Orientated map and sent 2 North American tourists in right direction from GC1XTTC towards Kings College.

I've just made use of the law that prevents large shops from opening in England on Easter Day to get 2 nanos in Cambridge that would be more difficult on most Sundays.

So, you either own, or work in, a shop that had to close...

Or, you took a chance on Cambridge being quieter as Cambridge shops are large, and so would be closed?

Nice to cache, when there's less people around. (Or shop-wise, should that be fewer? :blink: )

No, I neither work in, nor own, any shop, nor enjoy shopping. One of my 3 jobs is only on normal working days (apart from preparing papers before), other is only on weekends or occasionally after school during terms or anytime of week during school holidays (in 2 parks, with total of 4 traditional caches, 2 multis & 1 virtual, so cacher watcher adds to the interest!), other is care work mornings & bedtimes when a disabled woman's husband is away from home.

So, yes, I made use of large shops being shut meaning fewer shoppers around, but there were still tourists to contend with, who seem surprised that there are bikes in Cambridge and that people in UK drive / walk / cycle on the left, except where otherwise directed - different colours indicate footpaths & cyclepaths.

A case of selecting the right day for the right cache - as Pendragon points out, New Years Day (and 2nd Jan, too) in Scotland are good for shopping area caches.