CoOrds with Garmin Etrex

missyhere

Go to the cache location switch on Garmin using Power button > scroll using the page button to the menu page > select mark using enter key > select ok.

I do this 5 times (walk 100m away in various directions and return). I then use the most common reading as an averaged waypoint.

Turn it on before you get there!

It allows the unit time to acquire the satellites and know where it is!!!

I'm using a borrowed Garmin and am about to place a new cache on my own.. I know the location is suitable as there are no caches here, but need help to determine the exact co ords of the cache placement(how do I use my Garmin) ... Can anyone help please..

Hello, I'm using the same GPS and I get the coordinates on the following way:

Switch on GPS before you are at the cacheplace. Go to the screen where you can see 5 fields with information. Press on the left side of the GPS on the 3th bottom from above (the one most down). Change fields --> Lat/Lon. Walk to the cacheplace and wait there for some time. Mark your found coordinates in you GPS. Walk away from the spot and walk back to it with the GPS finding your coordinates. Point Zero? Very nice, Meters off? Do the trick again!

Simple as that :D Have fun hiding it!!