Sites for non-trackable items?

TreasureFerret

I'm still pretty new to geocaching and today while looking through one of the older threads I saw a link to sigitem.com which I decided to check out. I didn't know that there were websites where you could check and see where your signature items end up and was wondering if this is the only one or if there are others? I'm talking specifically about non-trackable items.

Sorry, I wasn't sure if it was ok to mention them or not. I thought that particular site you linked only works for items purchased from that site, would you also be able to use it on a homemade items? I just thought it was a cool idea to find out where your sig items end up, not by traveling, just who keeps them.

wondering if sigitems.com is the only one for homemade sig items.

That one wasn't accepting new items, when I checked (annoying, since I had to make the trackable items and work out a viable plan for cataloguing and serializing them in advance, or there would be no point to contact them). There are other free tracking sites but they don't seem to last long.

Bear in mind that if an item doesn't have the imprinted "Track at Geocaching.com" or "Track at Groundspeak.com" (Geocoin or Travel Bug), it's not a recognized trackable Geocaching gamepiece. It's therefore a serialized "signature item". There's no spot for them on geocaching.com (as there is for Travelers), people are less likely to do the extra work to log them for you, and all bets are off once the free site goes down.

You can serialize (or name) them anyway, and at least request a PM (where you could do your own sort of very basic tracking site). All I do is send out my serialized sig items, and occasionally get an email from someone confused about what they're for. Just for collecting and trading, and that's it.

Edited by kunarion