What is wrong with this wacky stuff?

Polgara

Someone please tell me what the heck happened here? Why is it when i am surfing GC.com (or other websites for that matter) when i hit the 'back' button, or for example if i'm in the forums and i click the "geocaching home" button on the left, i find myself in a strange mixed website like...monster.com with the little monster and stuff about jobs but, the geocache symbol is there and mentions of geocaching?? Kinda like a monster.com and geocaching.com hybrid site???? What is going on? Then i get kicked off the GC site entirely if i try to revert back from the wacked website i found myself at. I don't know much about computers, anyone know why this is happening??

"The more I study nature, the more I am amazed at the Creator."

- Louis Pasteur

You might have spyware installed on your computer. Some web sites are setup to install spyware/adware, etc on your computer when you visit them. Your computer may be set to automatically install any 3rd party software through IE or you may have inadvertantly clocked on Yes when a pop-up message showed up. What I would do is download Spybot Search & Destroy or Ad-Aware and run them. Make sure after you install the software, you check for updates and download them. These programs are free and will remove any adware, spyware, malware, etc from your computer and also clean out tracking cookies along with most other stuff that is used to track your online activities. Hope this helps.

"The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8m/sec/sec."

-Marcus Dolengo