garmin 60csx

nam69

I tried to get out for the first time today and had problems. I went to so many different screens and could not find the one that shows the count down of how close you are getting to the cache. I got into the compass page but there was no count down going on. Is there something I am doing wrong. I have my waypoints loaded, I select one and then hit go to. Am I right so far?? Then I would like to get to compass page or should I not bother with that starting out?? Maybe someone can explain a blow by blow here for me on what to do after you hit "Go To" I ended up driving home after I was confused. I am a little thick headed but once I get something I am usually good at it, Please help, Pete

I tried to get out for the first time today and had problems. I went to so many different screens and could not find the one that shows the count down of how close you are getting to the cache. I got into the compass page but there was no count down going on. Is there something I am doing wrong. I have my waypoints loaded, I select one and then hit go to. Am I right so far?? Then I would like to get to compass page or should I not bother with that starting out?? Maybe someone can explain a blow by blow here for me on what to do after you hit "Go To" I ended up driving home after I was confused. I am a little thick headed but once I get something I am usually good at it, Please help, Pete

Go to the compass page, press menu, select change data fields. Move over to the field you want to show the count down in and select distance to next.

Go to the compass page, press menu, select change data fields. Move over to the field you want to show the count down in and select distance to next.

Also, make sure that you select "off road" when travelling by foot to the cache. That way, when you are on compass page (and you have a "distance to next" data field) you'll see the distance count down as you get closer. That's exactly the way I prefer locating a cache on my 60CSx.

You also may want to consider using the map screen instead of the compass screen. I changed the data fields on the map screen to show me the pointer and the distance so I essentially get the same information as the compass screen AND a map of the area to help me navigate around obstacles.

You also may want to consider using the map screen instead of the compass screen. I changed the data fields on the map screen to show me the pointer and the distance so I essentially get the same information as the compass screen AND a map of the area to help me navigate around obstacles.

Nice find! Thanks. Love it!

I went to the website and got my Garmin Nuvi set to pedestrian. The unit however is still wanting to get us onto a road way. However, you can click the screen to where you enter in coordinates and just stop there. It will show you your current coordinates. If you are fairly close (walking distance) you can just hit the back button after you walk in the direction you need to and then go to the coordinates screen. Continue walking in the right direction to raise/lower the current coordinates to where you need to be. It took us a bit to get the hang of it, but it is really fun that way. Plus the kids learned to decrease the N coordinate just walk S, same with the W coordinates. This way you do not have to buy a hand held unit for walking off road and the challenge is better than just getting guided every step on a screen as if you were driving your car.

REMEMBER, EACH PAGE ( SCREEN ) HAS ITS OWN MENU.

GO TO MAP SCREEN HIT MENU, GO TO COMPASS SCREEN HIT MENU, SO EACH MENU HAS INFO. FOR THE SCREEN YOU ARE LOOKING AT.

PLAY WITH IT AND GET USED TO USING MENU'S FOR EACH SCREEN / PAGE.

HAVE FUN !!

Spyrosky's

GO TO MAP SCREEN HIT MENU, GO TO COMPASS SCREEN HIT MENU, SO EACH MENU HAS INFO. FOR THE SCREEN YOU ARE LOOKING AT.

HAVE FUN !!

Spyrosky's

Yea thanks I am getting that now, thanks, Pete

HAVE FUN !!

Spyrosky's

I WAS IN NAM MEKONG DELTA 68 69 CHOPPERS !!

HAVE FUN !!

Spyrosky's

I WAS IN NAM MEKONG DELTA 68 69 CHOPPERS !!

Welcome home brother! 101st Airborne 1969 grunt