Anyone in the Haslett/Okemos area?

Indy Sochor

So, here's the thing. My boyfriend and I are literally the only people in our circle of friends that absolutely loves going geocaching and want to go as often as we can. However, as I said, we don't really have people to go with, and half the time my boyfriend is at work or in class and I'm left going by myself. (Which isn't ENTIRELY bad but...) I would like to make some friends with others in the area who enjoy going too and would like to join me on these little excursions.

This is my first post I've ever made on the forums and I wasn't entirely sure where I should post this, (Or if posting something like this is even a normal thing to do?) so if this is the wrong spot, or a taboo thing to do, my apologies. If not and I make some new friends then awesome, my day is made :)

indysochor, welcome to geocaching. Would offer to help, but I/we left that area two generations ago and are currently in da U.P. Visit there occasionally, but it just makes us want to return home ASAP. :)

There are a lot of active cachers in the Greater Lansing area. The BEST thing to do, is to attend one (more is better, yet) event cache(s). THAT is how you make caching buddies. There was one held last weekend in Marquette and a group of NMU students came, and had a good time. I think the next will really have them open up and have a ball! It's the way it works.

Enjoy.

Thanks, I've been trying to find some events in my area but there really doesn't seem to be anything going on around here. There are plenty of caches, but that's it. I recently started working for the Ingham County Parks and I was thinking about setting up my own geocaching events at the Lake Lansing North Park. Its a huge park and I believe it would be a great way to get more people out there and even more importantly, it would be a great way to get kids outside. :) I have a 3 year old son and he LOVES geocaching. :) I'm hoping it continues to grow everywhere. Hopefully I'll make some new friends that enjoy caching as well.

indysochor:

You really ought to click on this link: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b9f5812c-a1cc-4c72-8753-056a109d07a1.

It is almost sitting in your lap! Set for June 11.

This is a quote from the cache page:

This is an annual family event designed to introduce you to geocaching and the MSU Gardens. It begins at 11 AM and ends at 2 PM. The coordinates will take you to the MSU Horticulture Gardens parking lot. The event will begin in the 4-H Children's Garden. Parking is free on weekends.

EDIT: I just noticed (after the fact) -- you already found and plan to attend.

There is another, in Mason, on May 7. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a5a8ea9f-79dc-4384-a71e-8823758af5b2

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee