New accounts and friend requests

jeffd5

I just got into this and I'm hooked, after telling a few friends and family members about it they too decided to join. But most of them have a difficult time navigating the site (it's a little tricky to find my way around sometimes and im a software engineer) so one of the main problems i see everyone of my friends and family having is adding friends.. That feature seems to be dissabled by default for them when they first join, so when i gotta add a family member or friend to the friends list it's a long process to explain to them why it's not working and then i gotta walk them through it and stuff.

Also i find that the Hide and seak is straight forward and nice interface no problems there

the trackables is also nice and straight forward

but the your profile section of the website could use a little more work, i think the public profile that other people see should be more merged with the your profile end of things ie "the look".

anyways thats my 2 cents..

please feel free to leave any comments tell me if you agree or not etc..

i am not a software engineer and i didn't find the site hard to use, like anything new takes a bit of time to get used to

once you spend some time to explore it it all makes sense and its easy

there is a good reason why the profiles are separate

from "your profile" you have links to tools available to you, also if you set your home coordinates you can search for caches from that page by using the Search Options on the left

"Search for nearest geocaches from your home location (filter out finds)."

"Map It!"

no need to go through "hide and seek"

the public profile serves a different purpose, allows people to contact you, if you have that enabled, and see a little bit about you if you chose to write anything

some people put stats and other interesting stuff, look around at some profiles

i am not a software engineer and i didn't find the site hard to use, like anything new takes a bit of time to get used to

once you spend some time to explore it it all makes sense and its easy

there is a good reason why the profiles are separate

from "your profile" you have links to tools available to you, also if you set your home coordinates you can search for caches from that page by using the Search Options on the left

"Search for nearest geocaches from your home location (filter out finds)."

"Map It!"

no need to go through "hide and seek"

the public profile serves a different purpose, allows people to contact you, if you have that enabled, and see a little bit about you if you chose to write anything

some people put stats and other interesting stuff, look around at some profiles

Yea after playing around with it i been able to get used to it but my parents are just computer illiterate lol

But my key idea about adding friends is whats important to me more than the website design/layout.

does anyone agree on that?

But my key idea about adding friends is whats important to me . . . does anyone agree on that?

Sure. Every other website asks me who my friends are, why not this one!

But I have found that adding a friend actually does not get you much. You can see their info and send them e-mail even without being friends. You would think it would let you run a query to find out what caches you have both not found yet, but no.

It is planned though.