Remove Found caches from search list

acachebox

When I search on Geocaching.com for a list of caches close by I would like to exclude those caches I have already found. Can this be done.

Also what is the small check box to the left of each cache listing for? That ws what I thought would give the option to remove a cache.

The check box is for downloading them in batches of 20 as LOC files (suitable for direct upload via cable to your GPS).

Any search can filter out caches you own or have found by adding "&f=1" to the end of the website address.

For example here's the codes for searching around N 41° 30.000 W 088° 30.000 - first with all caches, then with the caches I've found or hidden removed:

start with geocaching.com then add:

/seek/nearest.aspx?lat=41.5&lng=-88.5

/seek/nearest.aspx?lat=41.5&lng=-88.5&f=1

You also might want to check out Pocket Queries - a feature of Premium Membership (markwell.us/pq.htm is a good "how to")

When I search on Geocaching.com for a list of caches close by I would like to exclude those caches I have already found. Can this be done.

Also what is the small check box to the left of each cache listing for? That ws what I thought would give the option to remove a cache.

Go to your Profile page and look for the box on the right side that has "Search Options" as the header. Then you can click on the "search for nearest geocaches" button. Use the one that has (filter out finds). This will give you all the caches closest to you that you haven't found.

Search Options

[Map It!]

Search for nearest geocaches from your home location (filter out finds).

View nearby benchmarks

View nearby waymarks

Update Home Location

Advanced Search

The check box is for downloading them in batches of 20 as LOC files (suitable for direct upload via cable to your GPS).

Any search can filter out caches you own or have found by adding "&f=1" to the end of the website address.

For example here's the codes for searching around N 41° 30.000 W 088° 30.000 - first with all caches, then with the caches I've found or hidden removed:

You also might want to check out Pocket Queries - a feature of Premium Membership (markwell.us/pq.htm is a good "how to")

Hi

I could not follow your illustration but took the info and did this. I removed everything after the Ampersand http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat=40.326444& lng=-74.63545999999997&dist=25 in the web address and add "F=1"

But just doing an advanced search gives the option to Exclude my finds

That worked

Thanks another problem solved

acachebox

Hi

I could not follow your illustration but took the info and did this. I removed everything after the Ampersand http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat=40.326444& lng=-74.63545999999997&dist=25 in the web address and add "F=1"

That worked

acachebox

Don't delete the other stuff just tack on the &f=1

Thanks that works

acachebox

Hi

That worked

acachebox

Thanks that works

acachebox

Hi

That worked

acachebox

Thanks again that works

acachebox