'map it' feature

sista2

Not sure where this topic belongs...

When I'm looking up a certain zip code, I get smilies in the list of caches near that area, but when I click map it, sometimes there's smilies on the map and sometimes there aren't. Anyone know why this is happening?

I prefer to use the 'map it' feature, but with no smilies, it's hard to tell what's what.

The maps are always supposed to have smilies on them. See other multiple threads for other people having the problem of not seeing them.

As far as your NOT wanting to see them, use the "hide smilies" option.

With a premium membership you have the option of clicking a button to "hide smilies"

Sol Seaker - You misread me, I DO want to see them. :D Although you're right, I could just hide my finds and that would give me the same results. Basically, I would be able to tell what I still had not found in the area. Duh. Thanks!

Where would I find other threads regarding this problem?

The problem is that everything is showing up as basically unfound, just the cache type icon, no regards to whether I've already found it or not.

EDIT: Wait, hiding my finds does nothing. The feature is just not recognizing the difference between found/unfound at all. (And oh yes, I see other posts about this problem now, too. Glad I'm not alone.)

Edited by subjectorial