Dell Axim X5 300MHz -

I bought this device last year and had made previous inquires regarding it. However, I had to put it way and attend to more important matters and managed to forget about it. Now that I have re-discovered it, I might start using it.

I have a need for my Dell Axim X5(300MHz - v1.00.017) PDA to read/edit .LOC files and read(maybe create) .PDF files as well.

In additions, I will need a copy of CacheMate or GPS Sonar, whichever is considered best for this PDA.

Rather than deal with the Active-Sync setup, because of trouble using it with my old computer, I have been putting everything onto a 2GIG SD-Card.

Instead of using a .GPX compatible program on my old computer and PDA, I just transfer the entire cache page (save page as) directly to the SD-Card.

Whatever help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

/\/(°w°)\/\

Edited by Fledermaus

I bought this device last year and had made previous inquires regarding it. However, I had to put it way and attend to more important matters and managed to forget about it. Now that I have re-discovered it, I might start using it.

I have a need for my Dell Axim X5(300MHz - v1.00.017) PDA to read/edit .LOC files and read(maybe create) .PDF files as well.

In additions, I will need a copy of CacheMate or GPS Sonar, whichever is considered best for this PDA.

Rather than deal with the Active-Sync setup, because of trouble using it with my old computer, I have been putting everything onto a 2GIG SD-Card.

Instead of using a .GPX compatible program on my old computer and PDA, I just transfer the entire cache page (save page as) directly to the SD-Card.

Whatever help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

/\/(°w°)\/\

Adobe Reader for Pocket PC It will read PDF files. Creating files probably requires the full version of Acrobat, which Adobe charges for.

I have one myself. I use GSAK to generate HTML files for paperless caching opened in the mobile version of IE.