New guy from Tennessee

LagerHead

Hello everyone. My name is Robert and I live in Pegram, TN, just west of Nashville, TN. I am getting into geocaching because my son Nathan asked me to teach him land navigation. I learned land nav with map and compass in the Army and I became familiar with both UTM and lat/long navigation. I am looking forward to having an excuse to get off my now lazy butt and especially to the bonding time with Nathan. Wish us luck.

Good luck man! Let me know if you find anything around Jackson and Henderson--used to live there and my wife and I will be visiting early this summer.

I learned basic navigation with a map and compass in Boy Scouts as a kid and camping in college but never dealt with GPS and coordinate systems. All just landmark and relative distance based stuff.

Your kid is lucky! I hope to do the same with my son when he's old enough ;)

You're a lucky man. I wish geocaching had been around when my kids were young. Have a ball. :D

Enjoy every moment! I wish geocaching was around when my kids were young, too. However, my youngest, now 26, is my adventure buddy. He (and I)are getting (back) into camping and backpacking and I'm going to incorporate geocaching into this with him. I have my 1st grandchild on the way. Boy or girl, caching is in it's future! I can't wait!!!

Good luck and have fun...cant wait to have kids lol..makes a better excuse to buy new gadgets....

No doubt. I hope he sticks with this because I want him to learn more about camping, outdoors, etc. We found our first two caches today and he was extremely excited. We will be taking a couple of trackables toward Chattanooga this weekend.

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. And Jeff I will be checking out the site you linked.