New coins on the drawing board materials disscussion

plumbrokeacres

Hi fellow coiners, I have two coins about ready to go for samples I will be selling off a bunch of my spare coins shortly to help fund the coins. but, I have a question to send out to the collectors I have over 400 coins in my collection and have been trying to find some zinc alloy coins in it but can't tell if I have any so far other than the suncatchers.

I have couple questions:

1. Do you know of any Zinc alloy coins out there? What are they and how do they feel compared to the Bronze coins of similar size?

2. if you had a choice of buying a Zinc alloy coin for $10 compared to a Bronze stamped coin priced at $12 which would you prefer?

The zinc alloy coins are definitely lighter, but are just as durable. I don't think you should bother with different pricing for the two types. The zinc alloy isn't cheaper... it is generally used when there is a complicated or delicate design that is easier to do with the die cast method rather than the die stamped method.

But if you want to draw up a list, my personal coin is die cast zinc alloy.

The zinc alloy coins are definitely lighter, but are just as durable. I don't think you should bother with different pricing for the two types. The zinc alloy isn't cheaper... it is generally used when there is a complicated or delicate design that is easier to do with the die cast method rather than the die stamped method.

But if you want to draw up a list, my personal coin is die cast zinc alloy.

The mint I dealing with has the Zinc $2 cheaper per coin

if you had a choice of buying a Zinc alloy coin for $10 compared to a Bronze stamped coin priced at $12 which would you prefer?

I am not a fan of zinc, I think it makes the coins lighter and in a sense cheaper. There are a few cases where zinc is needed like sun catcher coins but on the whole I don't like em. In answer to your question, I prefer bronze at $10 :D