Dakota 20

I expect there is a topic on this forum but can not find.

I have just got a Dakota 20 and I am trying to move local cashes to the garmin from the geocache web site I can go and move one at a time by clicking on the small gps symbol can I move on mass I can mark all cashes to move but nothing seems to happen I am on a Mac laptop.

Consider the Garmin Oregon Wiki at Wikipedia. The Dakota is almost the same.

Meanwhile, use Pocket Queries to get your caches. Unzip the data. Place the *.gpx file into your Garmin\GPX folder on your Dakota using your Mac (just copy the file from one folder to the other). Good to go.

Consider the Garmin Oregon Wiki at Wikipedia. The Dakota is almost the same.

Meanwhile, use Pocket Queries to get your caches. Unzip the data. Place the *.gpx file into your Garmin\GPX folder on your Dakota using your Mac (just copy the file from one folder to the other). Good to go.

y

Thanks for promt reply. will try out

I read that the Dakota 20 can only take gpx files with only up to 200 caches? Is that right?

Can I have more than one gpx file on the Dakota, so I have more than 200 caches on the device?

Dakota and Oregon x00 have a limit of 200 GPX files.

Each file can contain up to 2000 caches, but the combined total of caches in all GPX files cannot exceed 2000. You can have 1 file of 2000 caches, 10 files of 200 caches, or any combo as long as neither limit is exceeded.

The Oregon 450/550 have the same 200 file limit, but can handle 5000 geocaches.