so very tempting

lachupa

Ok I did NOT do this but I did think about it.

I have a cache that is about half a mile from my house. I live in an urban area full of micros so I was rather pleased with myself for putting out a regular sized cache with plenty of trade items.

Last Sunday I got a message that my cache had been muggled. Trashed more like it, they broke apart the container and scattered the contents. The person who found it gathered it all up adn replaced it with a temporary container, but warned me that it wasn't water tight so I needed to go swap it out. A couple of days later I leashed up the dog and took a replacement container down there fully intending to fix it all back pretty like it was.

When I got there I discovered that the replacement container had been trashed - lovely just lovely. The log book is visible but down in the creek where I can't actually get to it, so basically I've now littered my own neighborhood.

So picture the scene. I have discovered that my cache has been vandalized twice within a week. Since I am a responsible dog owner of a dog with a healthy digestive system I had in my possession a doggie clean up bag that contained what you might expect to be in a doggie clean up bag.

It would be a bold faced lie if I said that the notion of placing the contents of said doggie clean up bag into the container I had with me and leaving it right where the cache had been. The only reason I didn’t was that I didn’t want someone to have downloaded the cache before I got it disabled to find it. Plus I figure it has to be kids so someone needs to be the adult in this situation.

Still though…hmmm