Does series = power trail?

Power Trail = Series. Series != Power Trail.

There seems to be two opinions as to why Power Trail should be an attribute.

1. I want to know a power trail so I can find them all / download them to a PQ

2. Power trails suck, and the attribute lets me filter them out of a pocket query / search result.

For #1, You can use a Bookmark List of this series.

For #2, Caches should be rated on their own individual merits instead of its inclusion in a series

We largely create attributes as ways to filter in caches instead of filtering them out, and since the only real benefit of this attribute is to filter out caches, it is unlikely that we would add this attribute. Instead we'd rather find ways for people to create quality caches and support the ability to filter those quality caches *in* instead of finding ways to filter them out.

(Don't argue ticks, poison plants, etc. The intent of those attributes are to inform, not filter)

We also don't want to create the attribute as it encourages these types of hides. If anything we want to discourage them. With the recent issues of power trail placements (and archival) We're trying to see the benefit of supporting this kind of activity moving forward anyway. So we may have to make some hard decisions in the near future about the issue of cache saturation by one user.

We are adding the “Series” attribute to inform people that the cache is part of a series of different caches. As with any attribute, the cache owners will have to decide whether this attribute fits their cache.

lol...well, I guess next time I should read the thread before I post...lol

Makes sense...never mind my previous post...