Garmin Memory

There have been lots of reports of individuals using 8Gb and a few using 16Gb memory cards without any issues. Most of the time these individuals are loading large areas of Birdseye imagery. If you plan to use the Birdseye imagery subscription you probably would want at least an 8Gb memory card, since they can be bought online for around $15; ebay has a Sandisk 8Gb Class 4 for $12.9? with free shipping.

There have been lots of reports of individuals using 8Gb and a few using 16Gb memory cards without any issues. Most of the time these individuals are loading large areas of Birdseye imagery. If you plan to use the Birdseye imagery subscription you probably would want at least an 8Gb memory card, since they can be bought online for around $15; ebay has a Sandisk 8Gb Class 4 for $12.9? with free shipping.

Depending upon your needs I would be leary of ordering memory cards online, especially from places like eBay. Most, I would venture to say the majority, of the cards on eBay are counterfit. Just because it says "Sandisk" doesn't mean they are genuine "Sandisk" cards. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. If you are looking for a cheap card, and dependability is not an issue, then these cards are fine. For my camera/photography needs where I cannot afford to lose pictures because of a cheap/bad card, I'll spend the extra money and buy from a reputable dealer. BTW, I bought some cards once from eBay and, while they looked to be genuine, when I compared them to cards I bought at a brick-and-mortar store, I could find subtle differences in the labels on the card and in the packaging. Lucky for me I was able to return them for a refund.