Washington State Geocaching Assocation website?

bfdhud

Thank you,

http://www.geocachingwa.org/

that was the link I was going to :(

Welcome to Washington! Thanks to TotemLake for providing the correct link to our site - we moved it about two years ago to www.wsgaonline.org. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for checking. I thought there was a redirect in place, but it doesn't appear to be working.

Hope to meet you at an event or cache soon!

hydnsek / abby

Is it possible the original domain was given up or abandoned? When that happens, the redirect which is on the domain as a web page, is dead. Also, after one year, I wouldn't expect a redirect.

no, The domain geocachingwa.org is owned by a Paul West and is still active. The error it gives "Forbidden" is due to the server being set up wrong.

It was setup at one time. I remember using the redirect until I could get a bookmark on it. It is possible this is a step in getting it removed from the search engines as well. There's a difficulty in keeping the domain from being searched when you have a redirect in place and the redirect doesn't count towards finding the other site on the search engines. It was a problem I had with Comcast when I moved my website off of them a couple years back. You want to be polite to those trying to find you, but sooner or later, the request has to be rejected.