Garmin 62s calendar/ found cache problem

My 62s will not show more than 18 caches found per day. Yesterday, I found 28 caches. The calendar only indicates 18 caches found. This morning, I noticed that the calendar shows 10 caches found for today. These are the missing caches from yesterday, and they are the last 10 caches found. I had previously noticed the 18 cache per day limit, but had not noticed if any were logged on the next day. A friend I was caching with yesterday has the same GPS, we found the same caches, he had no problem.

I have software V2.40. The latest software shown on Garmins site is beta 2.92. Not sure that I want to install a beta version.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Tom

My 62s will not show more than 18 caches found per day. Yesterday, I found 28 caches. The calendar only indicates 18 caches found. This morning, I noticed that the calendar shows 10 caches found for today. These are the missing caches from yesterday, and they are the last 10 caches found. I had previously noticed the 18 cache per day limit, but had not noticed if any were logged on the next day. A friend I was caching with yesterday has the same GPS, we found the same caches, he had no problem.

I have software V2.40. The latest software shown on Garmins site is beta 2.92. Not sure that I want to install a beta version.

Tom

I suggest you hook up your unit to your computer and use the web updater to bring your unit to version V2.80

Not promising that it will fix the 18 limit though.

Enjoy

Tom

My new 62s has the 2.92 beta version. I've not found as many caches in a day as you so I haven't encountered the problem, nor do I think 2.92 will correct that. But, all other functions appear to be okay so I doubt the update to the beta version will cause additional problems.

Edited by luvvinbird

I've had over 824 field notes (finds and not founds) in one day. The only problem I had was with the geocaching.com site. It kept dropping out random finds...but then I figured out that you can only log a found in one minute. Every cache that I found in the same minute as another, were dropped off of the field note upload. I know 3 other cachers that had the same issue.

Calendar? We have a calendar?

I've had over 824 field notes (finds and not founds) in one day. The only problem I had was with the geocaching.com site. It kept dropping out random finds...but then I figured out that you can only log a found in one minute. Every cache that I found in the same minute as another, were dropped off of the field note upload. I know 3 other cachers that had the same issue.

Calendar? We have a calendar?

Version 2.80