Help GPMAP 62 owner

Hi there geo community. I am lost not only am i new to geocaching, but I am totally lost. I scoured to find the best GPS for my needs and that seemed to be the above. However I cannot get any geocaches transfered to the unit. All I get is an error warning of a popup block but I have already agreed to pops ups being allowed from this site. I am a uk resident, and only have a basic membership, would I have to have a preimum to do paperless.

if anyone can help or want me to expand, (and not to much techno Jargon please) I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Hi there geo community. I am lost not only am i new to geocaching, but I am totally lost. I scoured to find the best GPS for my needs and that seemed to be the above. However I cannot get any geocaches transfered to the unit. All I get is an error warning of a popup block but I have already agreed to pops ups being allowed from this site. I am a uk resident, and only have a basic membership, would I have to have a preimum to do paperless.

if anyone can help or want me to expand, (and not to much techno Jargon please) I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Yes, it's really worth you taking out 'Premium Membership' to get the best out of that GPS unit you have. You should read up on this site about creating 'Pocket Queries' which are essentially lists of up to 1,000 caches tailored to your search criteria. Once you have download the query you simply copy it to a directory on your SD card entitled GARMIN\GPX. Then you will be able to see all those caches on the maps and also read the descriptions, hints etc just like on the web site.

The process is quite easy and it is all described on Geocaching web site.

Bill.

Edited by Headlanders

I've just bought a 62S and it is a cracking gps.

I also paid for premium for the pocket queries and all details for paperless caching.

You will need to install the garmin plugin for your web browser to send single caches to the 62+@/8*@5(3@23\+853?

thanks everybody for your advice, my computer was the problem and error kept occurring not allowing the co-ordinates to be transfered. I tried it out on my daughters computer and it worked like a dream and we now have lift off and have tracked down our first three caches. Will now attempt the pocket querys suggested, as I have invested in the premium membership. thanks again