Identifying Disk Type Survey Marker

UberDon

I am a relatively new geochacer who stumbled across a disk type survey marker while bush whacking for a particular hide. The marker was labeled with the following information: The Boeing Company, Do Not Disturb, 078A, Survey Marker 18098, Northwest Engineering Co. Is there any value in logging this find in the Benchmark Database? If so, what steps do I take to log this marker since I can't seem to find it in the existing Benchmark Database? I have a photo and coordinates of the marker. Thanks for any guidance that can be provided.

Here is the part of the FAQ that you want:

Benchmarks Not in the Database

Basically - if you search GC.com for benchmarks using the coordinates of where you found it and nothing comes up, the only option you have is to waymark it. If it was a USGS disk you could get more info about it from the USGS - there are some posts in this forum relating to that.

A disk from Boeing .... sounds interesting, haven't seen anyone post one of those in this forum - may be a rare find. If you waymark it or have the pix online post the pix here - we'd love to see them.