Garmin 60CSx help

roadwork

So I finally got my caches loaded onto my GPS! Yeah me!! But I don't have any other info but the name of the cache and coords, I am using GSAK. I thought what was showing on the GSAK screen is what would show on the GPS? Trying to go paperless like alot of folks any help is appriciated.

Just for clarification on the macro and it's abilities. It will allow you to put a "limited" amount of info on your CSX. The CSX does not have the ability to do true paperless like the newer units. I personally did not like the macro and first used a PDA for paperless and now I use my iPhone for holding the paperless info.

The info on the CSX with the macro will not look anything like the info you see either on the GC.com site or on GSAK. Try it out though and see how you like it, I didn't.

There is another macro that will take the cache page and break it down into as many 88 character (the maximum that the 60csx can display) Custom Points of Interest as needed. You can also include the hints and logs. You then use the Garmin POI loader to load them into your unit. If you need to read the information out in the field, you search for the nearest custom points of interest, assuming you are near the cache, and read the info one 88 character POI at a time. It is not the greatest ...no pictures so generally no good for puzzles, also a pain for caches with lots of text like multis or puzzles with questions and A= kind of things. While a bit of a PITA, this will let you carry pretty much all the information for each cache in the 60csx.

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=8932&st=0entry81818