EasyGPS & GPSmap 62s

I picked up the 62s today, received and unzipped a pocket query and opened it using EasyGPS (which I downloaded about 8 months ago). The 62s is not listed in the list of devices to send the caches to. The forums that the program directs you to let me create an account but the page doesn't load when I try to make a new topic. Is there another free, easy to use program available? Can I put the unzipped file directly into the gps somehow? We were hoping to do some Valentine's Day caching! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I picked up the 62s today, received and unzipped a pocket query and opened it using EasyGPS (which I downloaded about 8 months ago). The 62s is not listed in the list of devices to send the caches to. The forums that the program directs you to let me create an account but the page doesn't load when I try to make a new topic. Is there another free, easy to use program available? Can I put the unzipped file directly into the gps somehow? We were hoping to do some Valentine's Day caching! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have a look at Garmin's Basecamp software. The only way to go with the 62s in my opinion.

With regards to loading the caches..... Run the Personal Query. Unzip both .gpx files. Copy both these files to your GPS Garmin/GPX folder using Windows Explorer. Load up Garmin's BaseCamp and you are away.....

Hope this helps.

Edited by janandsteve

With regards to loading the caches..... Run the Personal Query. Unzip both .gpx files. Copy both these files to your GPS Garmin/GPX folder using Windows Explorer. Load up Garmin's BaseCamp and you are away.....

Or just copy the gpx files into the unit.

Can you expand on how you do this? I use Windows Explorer as indicate above. Maybe I can learn something here?