Found a TB that wasn't logged in. Now what?

tireman

Picked up a TB from a cache but when I got home and tried to complete the log I discovered that at least one previous holder failed to log that he had dropped off the bug.

I have mailed the previous listed holder but have not received a reply yet ( 2 weeks).

Suggestions?

There are several things you can do.

Wait, and hope that whoever dropped the bug logs it into the cache, then log it out.

Just log it, and have it show as "in the hands of" you.

Log it, drop it into the cache, with a note saying you found it in that cache, then log it into your possession.

If it's been over two weeks since you found the bug, and you already e-mailed the previous finder of the bug with no response, I'd probably go for the third option. That way the bug's page properly reflects that it was in that cache, and it gets the "mileage credit"

Not holding back icon_biggrin.gif

Wait a short while to give the previous holder a chance to log it. Even though you E-Mailed them they may be traveling without every day access to a computer. This happened to us. Two days after we dropped a TB it had been logged as picked up and we couldn't log it.

Recently I found a Bug in a cache in Arkansas that had last been logged, in early July, as placed in a cache in Colorado. There was no mention of the bug in the online logs of either cache. So I just logged that I had it, did a note placing it in the Arkansas cache so its travels would show up OK and then grabbed it again.

NevaLP, fond of T-bugs