Travel Bug Replaced during travels?

trd4me

My travel bug appears to have had some sort of accident, and been replaced during its travels. This is the link to the bug, "A hummer of a Travel Bug", where you can see the before and after pictures. I dont know what would do that to a tracking tag, but it had to be major!

Has anyone had this kind of thing happen before?

travel bug here

trd4me e-mailed me about this last night because I have a T-Bug that is that same as his original Hummer. I think it is pretty cool that whoever mangled the original T-Bug went to the trouble to find a new Hummer and replace it.

Rather than find out what really happened to the T-Bug (which you could find out by e-mailing the people who have logged it), I think we should have a contest to see who can come up with the best story. Here is mine:

The T-Bug was placed in a cache that someone had left some food in. A bear got into the cache to get to the food and in the process ate the Hummer and spit out the tag. Just look at the bite marks in the photo.

106053_200.jpg