Recording where I have found a Geocoin?

Cockney_Pixie

We recently had a short trip to London where we found a couple of Caches - one of which had a Geocoin.

After looking the GC up on the website we found that its last recorded log was in Belgium, even though we found it in London.

How do I log that it was found in London - ive had a look at the coins page, which show the map of its travels and there is no record of it moving across the channel to the UK.

After logging an entry on the Coins page it only gave me the option to say I had 'discovered it' but doesnt specify where i 'discovered it'. On the original cache page there is no record of it ever being there either so I cannot 'retrieve it'...Any ideas?

Please repost this on the correct thread if I have put it in the wrong place.

Hello Cockney Pixie and welcome to the Geocoin Forum.

First of all you should wait a few days because it is possible that the cacher who put the coin in the cache was there on a trip and had no chance to get to a computer to log it yet.

After a while you can use the "grab it from current holder" to get the coin in your inventory. Usually I write then a notice in the cache where I found the coin, put it into that cache and take it out again so the travel history of the coin is correct then.

Welcome, Cockney Pixie!

Yanagi is right. However, I'm not sure if you brought the coin home with you, or if you just had a look at it, wrote down the tracking number and left it in the cache.

If you left it in the cache, you log "discovered it". This type of log does not specify where you discovered it, but you can add that info in the log text if you'd like.

If you took the coin with you, I suggest following yanagi's advice. <_<

Good advise so far. However, in case the coin was not just recently dropped in London you could "grab it from current holder", drop it in the cache you found it in and retrieve it again. In essence you will be placing it in the cache you found it in so it will register having been there for you to retrieve. :D