Broken LCD

I've looked all over and kind find a vendor that sells just the screens. If you have the skills to replace the screen yourself you'll have to spend the money on some one else's broken unit to use for parts. In the end i think your better off buying a new GPSr.

I Assume you've been through the proses of trying to get warranty service for the unit.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/warranty.html

Edited by mpilchfamily

Hi,

I have the skills, I work with electronics =) The big problem is to get a LCD to replace it :S

If i could get one i would replace it.

I thought Garmin would fix any problem for $99.

Not all models are $99, but they do have a fixed rate exchange service for most models.

Here's where you figure out how much it'll cost: http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html

I don't see the 450 on the list but I'm sure it'll be the same as the 400, at $99.

Edited by Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide

Hi all,

In Europe the replace of the unit for a new one would cost me about 150 euros, about 205$. Very expenssive.

I will try the garage sales. Those LCDs are very hard to find (didn't find any) and they are very expensive on garmins side.

too bad :S

Which is broken, the LCD or the touchscreen (digitizer)? Both, and the combined part for many GPSs are available from several vendors inexpensively. Have you looked on ebay or researched on the internet?

Hi all,

In Europe the replace of the unit for a new one would cost me about 150 euros, about 205$. Very expenssive.

I will try the garage sales. Those LCDs are very hard to find (didn't find any) and they are very expensive on garmins side.

too bad :S

Which is broken, the LCD or the touchscreen (digitizer)? Both, and the combined part for many GPSs are available from several vendors inexpensively. Have you looked on ebay or researched on the internet?

Its the LCD, not the touchscreen.

I didn't find it anyware, can you send me some links with it? I could find on ebay the touchscreen but not the LCD, or both togheter.

Please send me some links.

Thanks