Android to GPSMAP60csx .loc files

AlteredStar

Does the 60csx read .loc files by itself? I'm thinking, why would you want to do this when you can just export your benchmarks from GSAK, directly to the GPS unit? (I guess if you're using a Mac...)

No I'm using a PC. The only time I would need this, and actually it is quite often in warmer weather, is when I get a cell notification of new hides from CG.com when I'm not at home. I could type the coords in manually or use my cell gps, but the Map60 is so much more accurate. When at home/my PC I just send the .loc to my Map60 via "Send to GPS". Just trying to get to a new cache faster than my in town competitors :)

No I'm using a PC. The only time I would need this, and actually it is quite often in warmer weather, is when I get a cell notification of new hides from CG.com when I'm not at home. I could type the coords in manually or use my cell gps, but the Map60 is so much more accurate. When at home/my PC I just send the .loc to my Map60 via "Send to GPS". Just trying to get to a new cache faster than my in town competitors :)

Oh. Using the Send To GPS button actually does just that already, but requires the Garmin Plugin for Firefox, but it works well. The only issue is that the waypoint internally to the Garmin gets named the GC number of the cache, rather than the name, because it is GSAK that calculates the "smart name" and places that in the name field before sending it to the gps. I used that system of Send to GPS directly for a year before I bothered to learn to use GSAK.