Transferring downloads to Mapsource

Hikin'Feet

I downloaded caches from geocaching to a folder on my desktop and tried to open them with Mapsource and Mapsource says they can't open them. I did it once by dragging the icon into Mapsource, but now I can't even do that. Has anyone else had this problem, if so what do you do?

I usually use the "transfer from device" feature and import them to a new window in mapsource. I then sort them by finds and will copy and paste them to my existing finds page within mapsource, but I no longer use this program because I use GSAK to do what I think you are trying to do.

You can try it for free to see if you like it. Here is the link.

Edit to add: Oops, I thought you were talking about something else. Been at the firehouse for 72 hours and getting a little tired.

Edited by ao318

did you switch the .gpx download version from 1.0 to 1.0.1 with out updating mapsource? You can check in your profile settings

They download as .loc

Ok, I can recreate what you're doing. I downloaded a single .loc, which would not open in Mapsource 6.16.2. Seeing as you're a Premium Member, try downloading the GPX version instead, or even better, running pocket queries. HTH