Garmin nuvi 500 external battery charger

thumbs1

I understand that it uses what appears to be a lithium ion camera battery or something similar. Can you identify a marking on the outside of the case that would indicate the battery type? I ask because if Garmin doesn't sell them, I'd bet you can find one for a camera that uses the same battery.

In particular, look about for something with the letters "LI" in it.

I use a small 12 volt Radio Shack pwr supply to charge my Nuvi 550.

Could be the OP is trying to charge a 2nd battery external to the unit for "hot swaps".

Do you know the specific label information from the battery that might give us the pack type? Odds are that there's a camera out there using the same pack for which an additional external charger is available.

Thanks guys I didn't think of the same battery being used in a camera but then again why not?

Here is the problem. I'm kina a pitb when it comes to stuff. Some stuff I use hard but try to take care of it and get as many "miles" out of it as I can. I"m an ole guy but still ride a bit of dirt on the ole dual sport. With all the bouncin around I don't want to connect a power cord to the GPS for fear of it wearin. What I want to do is carry two batteries with me. (hot swap as you refered to it) On in the unit and one in my pocket to change out along the ride. Or if out for only a couple of hours have one charging at home ready when I get back.

It's a Li-ion battery Rateing 3.7V 1800mAH 6.7Wh.

thanks

It's a Li-ion battery Rateing 3.7V 1800mAH 6.7Wh.

thanks

OK with the ratings, but similar specs come in different package size and pin configurations.

Is there anything at all on the pack that indicates a "model" of sorts? These often start with the letters LI, D-LI, NP, or KLIC, but could be anything.