Garmin 60CSx Queston (possible help)

Bdj470

I purchased my Garmin 60CSx back in 2006. Used it for some Geocaching. I stopped about a year and half ago and getting back into Geocaching.

Before when I used my 60CSx I dont remember having this problem. I was out the other day driving around marking a couple of locations. As I was driving along I noticed on my GPS that the pointer and where I placed the mark off the road I was driving along. Lets say I was driving on I-95, which would show up on the 60CSx. If I look at the display. The icon as I drive along would be off the highway if I had to guess about 50-70 feet.

But with the locations I marked if I enter the coords into Goggle Earth they are excatly where I marked my location. Is there something going screwy with my 60CSx? Need to be updated or a change of setting?

Thanks

Bill

Google Earth isn't always accurate. Mostly it's pretty good, but not always.

Maps aren't always accurate. I was stymied once by a river that was supposed to be *behind* the cache.

GPS measurements on the ground ARE reliably quite accurate, especially with a 60CSx.

Make sure your unit isn't set to "lock on road". That'll goof you up when you wander off the road and try to home in on a cache.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I thought I had updated my CSx. I was just using the Default software and maps that was on the unit. I downloaded the Webupdater software and it said version was 3.50. So I updated to 4.0.

One thing it wanted to download load was "GPS Chipset Type G software version 3.00". I guess this is the firmware for the CSx?