UNPC coins

firennice

We have slowly came to an end of our 2010 geocoins... we still have some available. Below is a picture of the full set of everything that was made.

I put a note on the two that are sold out, and the two that were not sold, we gave 130+ out in contests here for those that visited our council geocaches. From California to Texas, and Arizona to Montana, a big stretch of people who traveled to get them. Thanks everyone for participating.

The top row (blue outer with a red inner ring) Brass had 130, Copper 100, Silver 70.

Middle row (Blue outer with a green inner ring) Brass had 230, Copper 125, Silver 70. The copper and brass are still available.

Bottom row (Green outer with the red inner ring)Brass had 150, Copper 150 (no silver). The copper and brass are still available.

Just as a background. When I proposed the coins because nationals were only sending about 30 to our council, we were discussing having 100 made. We were going to have 1/4 for our contest (75 for sale). Many were extremely worried that we would not be able to sell the 70 coins that we had. I have to admit that it was pretty touch and go for a while. One supplier only wanted to quote 300, so the numbers rose slowly. 300 was not a lot more expensive than 100 to buy, after the die fees and shipping.

The numbers went up to the initial order of 300 with 230 for sale. We crossed our fingers and made mention of it for sale. two weeks later the number of coins on hand was down to 40-50 and demand was going up. then an repeat order with a different design, then another, and another. We eventually placed five orders. I have to commend coins and pins. They were great to work with through the three months of quoting, design changes, and getting non-geocachers educated on what coins were, tracking numbers, and everything like that.

So now we come to an end of the year. There are not a lot left. of the Blue outer ring and green inner, most are left from the bottom row in the photo.

For those that asked. It is delicate arch, and the Utah Raptor on the back.

Thanks for the ride. Hopefully I can repeat the chore next year. Thanks for the supporters that bought them. They helped pay for many geocaching games that we had through the year in geocaching for the scouters and the community. If you would still like to grab them, our scout office is selling them still. You will most likely need to let them know what you want. Council services are (801) 437-6222. The coins are $10 and they were only taking credit/debit over the phone if I remember right. Shipping was $1 at one time.

5337664902_a38ea6340e_z.jpg

COIN SALES 2010 by dnielson2002, on Flickr

Edited by firennice

I have had a few email from international people. If you wish me to send you some let me know. We can work things out. I still have to buy them at the standard price, I cannot get them any cheaper. If you are stateside or if you can, please call into the office (mentioned above). If that is not an option, or a credit card with them does not work, I will do what I can.

Edited by firennice