Mapsource or Basecamp

2BAMBAM4

As a gift I received the Garmin Oregon 450. Now, I am trying to determine how to load topo maps. I have been reading forums trying to determine the secrets of loading maps and found that I need either the Garmin Mapsource or Baasecamp to load maps from Gpsfiledepot. Question is where do I find basecamp or mapsource? might just be my tired eyes. Any help would be appreciated.

You can download Basecamp from the Garmin website.

MapSource comes with the Garmin mapping software you purchase, which includes the Trip & Waypoint Manager - although there are ways around that too.

If you want the CA topo maps available on gpsfiledepot, it only discusses MapSource. But, since Basecamp is free to download, you can give it a shot.

Edit, gpsfiledepot offers info on getting MapSource free.

Edited by Chuy!

You can download Basecamp from the Garmin website.

MapSource comes with the Garmin mapping software you purchase, which includes the Trip & Waypoint Manager - although there are ways around that too.

If you want the CA topo maps available on gpsfiledepot, it only discusses MapSource. But, since Basecamp is free to download, you can give it a shot.

Edit, gpsfiledepot offers info on getting MapSource free.

Thanks for the reply. I tried the gpsfiledepot free route last night, looks like that avenue maybe closed now. On the other hand I was a little droopy eyed last night. Will try that "route" again.

thanks. I was going back over everything with fresh eyes and mind this morning (cup of coffee in hand) and found things that I missed last night. Found the basecamp and working on the others to get the topoos. I want to put the unit through the paces. Looking forward to getting out and playing a bit.