Croc Gorge Hike Event - Nelspruit

Gps Storm

After our last gorge hike, where I took some strain, and had a bit of a fall - I said "never again, I'm getting too old for this..."

But, that gorge is like a drug, so I'm in, especially for a wet one - whoopee!! :D

I'm guessing this will be about the ninth time for me...??

Here's a link to a writeup from three years ago, and the pics on this log should give an idea of what it's all about.

Thanks GPS Storm for getting the ball rolling!!

Hi Steven. The oldest 2 of my monkeys, who you've met on the Kaapsche Hoop hike, had no problem when we did the last hike up to the Leopards cave. The youngest of the two is now 8. But I must confess that it do take a lot of strain on your own nerves when you have to tackle some of the more serious stuff. My nr. 1 was 9 when we did our first gorge hike and had no problem with that.

I will say that if the kids are well behaved, athletic, and not easily scared, they will be fine.

Sounds like a great idea. My partner at work will be away until the 27th of Jan 2011. We would love to attend. If the hike is after the 27th count us in. Our first on the Gorge is it 13 year old boy freindly?

Thanx GPS Storm, keep us posted.

Redshift3

Hi Redshift3, Yes a 13 yr old should be fine as long as he reacts when he is spoken to. I don't mean that in a bad way... It's just that if hikers are told that they must hold back or careful of a cliff edge, they need to listen immediately, young or old!!! It would be great to have you guys with us and I'll keep you guys upto date as I get more feed back from the others who are interested. GPS Storm

Hi Everyone, Started a new job and things got real busy, sorry!! I think we should just look at making a date to do the walk and anyone who is interested can let us know and be there on the day. There is not enough time to still plan an event and put it in writing before the best time to walk the gorge has passed. I would tentatively like to propose March 6. Any comments?

Hmmm - March is just hectic for us, with a wedding (on the 5th) and two milestone birthday parties coming up.

We could, if at all, make the last weekend in March or first in April.

Nelspruit too far to make any other weekends... sorry! :)

I think that 26th March is about the latest that I would like to go down the gorge! How does that suit everyone else interested?

Sorry it took so long for me to post a reply on this hike.

I have managed to speak to Jurie who sometimes guides us down the gorge and shows us the spiders and snakes etc.

He is willing to do a guided walk on the 16th or 23rd of April for those who are still interested.

Please comment on when you think you could make it - I need to let him know by the 2nd of April how many will be attending.

Edited by Gps Storm

:blink: OK!! Wow... this is turning out to be quite a mission!

So the 16th of April is too soon, the 23rd is on the easter weekend, then the 30th also falls on a long weekend when everyone is already away or have made plans to go away...! :blink:

How about the 7th of May? :huh: