Can't log the bug

Murex

I have been trying to log a found bug for a week or so and have no success. I'm afraid if I keep trying, some day there will be multible logs shown. I'd like to get this resolved soon since I've dropped the bug into another cache. Is anyone else having problems logging a bug?

What have you done so far? I take it you've entered the number from the tag in the tracking number field. Did it ever show up in your inventory? Did the problem occur at the drop off on the cache log page?

-------------

"Thos' Degrees of Longitude and Latitude in Name, yet in Earthly reality are they Channels mark'd for the transport of some unseen Influence, one carefully assembl'd chain…"

– Thomas Pynchon, Mason & Dixon

Sounds like you, Murex, and you, Bloodhound Gang, are having different problems. Murex, what's happening to you is exactly what happens if you enter the wrong tracking number (or no tracking number). Has anyone successfully logged this bug? Perhaps the owner stuck the wrong tag on it. Maybe you could post the URL, so we could see it.

As for the Bloodhound Gang, something like this happened to me once, and it had to do with the sequence of dates. Have you tried grabbing it again, with today's date? That might put it into your inventory.

-------------

"Thos' Degrees of Longitude and Latitude in Name, yet in Earthly reality are they Channels mark'd for the transport of some unseen Influence, one carefully assembl'd chain…"

666? There's your problem - it's the number of the beast! Seriously, and forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, you do know that's not the tracking number, right? Assuming you entered the number that appears on the tag in the tracking number field, and it still didn't go through, it's possible that the owner put the wrong tag on the bug. Perhaps you should contact the owner, if this appears to be the problem.

-------------

I agree with Alethiometrists in that the TB's number should should be a "number." All of mine are 6 digit numbers. BTW Murex what is the name of the Travel Bug in question?

GeoZeus

------------

mystats.php?userid=GeoZeus&vopt=&txtdata=Stats%20Rule!&bgcol=FFFFFF&fgcol=000000

[This message was edited by GeoZeus on October 09, 2003 at 01:22 PM.]

I thought the same thing when I saw the number 666. Your excused from stating the obvious because your right, I did not record the tag number. I'll get that number and work from there. Now I'll wonder why the TB orginator used 666 as a number. Of course that may be obvious as well. thanks, you've been very helpfull.

quote:
Originally posted by Murex:

Now I'll wonder why the TB orginator used 666 as a number. Of course that may be obvious as well. thanks, you've been very helpfull.

Those reference numbers (not the same as tracking numbers) get assigned by GC.com, just like the hexadecimal codes that get assigned to geocaches (the only difference being that TB codes start with a "TB", whereas geocache codes start with a "GC"). So, it's not a Satanic thing.

-------------

quote:
Originally posted by Murex:

I did not record the tag number. I'll get that number and work from there.

The TB owner will have an identical copy of the TB tag, so they should be able to tell you the tag number if you tell them why you need it.

--

Cheers,

Stuey icon_biggrin.gif