Requirements for the new Tattoo TB Icon?

alirose114

Link to details of how to get a tattoo icon on geocaching.com's facebook page.

And for those who don't do facebook...

"14 October 2010. Geocaching.com Breaking news: A unique icon for Travel Bug tattoos is now available! We need to switch the icon manually. If you have a TB tattoo, please email a pic (file size less than 1 MB) and the tracking code to pr@Groundspeak.com. The subject line should read "Tattoo" Thanks for the suggestion!"

MrsB (no, I won't be getting one)

... and I've just noticed that we've got the tattoo icon on our profile under Trackables Moved/Discovered, thanks to leemc80 who we discovered over a year ago. :)

I guess what I am asking is, does it have to have the travel "bug" logo/icon incorporated into the tattoo or would the tracking number just work?

Here is my situation. I have a rose tattoo that was done in January, was going to have the tracking numbers put on it too, but went with a bunch of my muggle friends who talked me out of it. I have assigned a TB number to my tattoo though: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1490072

What I need to know is, when I go to get the numbers put on it, do I need to also get the "bug" logo/icon done too??

Anyone know?

Ok here is what the powers that be had to say:

Hey Alisa,

No, you do not have to have the 'bug' icon tattooed but you do have to have the tracking code. Please send us a photo of your tattoo and its tracking number as soon as it is ready!

We are excited to see it!

Kelly Ranck

Marketing Assistant

Oh, by the way. make sure the tattoo artist has the number stenciled correctly before they start. :):D

And don't publish the number on the internet. You don't want it locked down because of virtual logging or a bunch of gurks Grabbing it away from you online.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Oh, by the way. make sure the tattoo artist has the number stenciled correctly before they start. :):D

And don't publish the number on the internet. You don't want it locked down because of virtual logging or a bunch of gurks Grabbing it away from you online.

I always black out the number when I post a pic of my coins or TB's, but thanks for the reminder!!

Hey guys,

I am a new user to this forum stuff, so be kind

I am desperate to get a new tattoo and I love looking and talking about other peoples tattoos, if I were an artist I would have my own studio by now!

I currently have a 'Muse' tattoo on my back and a simple love heart and musical note behind my ear.

I am considering having lyrics as my next tattoo along my foot,

I just want to take this opportunity to discuss what other people have and photos if you can do that

Good evening from Connecticut,

I currently have a trackable tattoo, and it has made several appearances at local caching events, and has been discovered. You do not need to have the bar coded tb icon incorperated into the tattoo, just the tracking number.... as an example check out my tattoo, TB3ZKKE (this is the reference number, and not the tracking number of the tattoo)....

As others have mentioned before, make sure that the tattoo artist stencils the number correctly, making sure that the 0's (zero) are not put on as an o.... I suggest buying a travel bug just for the cost, unless you are planning on getting other trackables made... Bring the original Travel Bug (or trackable number) that you are using so the artist can copy the number from the trackable (or list)... Also, I suggest that the letters that are in the trackable are CAPITALIZED in the tattoo, so that the lower case letters are not confused with other lower case letters or numbers....

As always when getting a tattoo, take care of it.... Not only during the healing process, but for life, and follow the tattoo artist care instructions.... They know the best way to care for the tattoo during the healing process based on the inks and other materials they are using.... I know with my tattoos, I want to have them looking as good in 10, 20, or even 50 years from now as they did the day I got them.... My oldest tattoo is almost 20 years old, and still looks good....

I hope that anyone getting tattoos, whether trackable or not, enjoys them till the end of time....

If anyone has any questions, comment, concerns, feel free to contact me through my profile here or on geocaching.com

ChrisEMT1