Theodolite

Ham What Am

Cool app! Do I recall correctly that one needs at least an iPhone 3 to have a true GPS chipset? I saw a mention on the Theodolite website of using a 4th-generation iPod touch, but I was just looking at the tech specs for those the other day, and there was no mention of true GPS, only Wi-Fi-based approximations.

I'd enjoy reading your "APRS and Benchmarking" article sometime if you put it on your website again. I don't have an APRS setup myself, but one time when hams were still assisting with the Tournament of Roses parade, I followed some of the floats as they converged on Pasadena the night of Dec. 31st.

BTW, if you want other people to see your benchmark finds rather than their own, you need this URL

http://www.geocaching.com/mark/nearest.aspx?A=3022074

Patty N6BIS

Cool app! Do I recall correctly that one needs at least an iPhone 3 to have a true GPS chipset? I saw a mention on the Theodolite website of using a 4th-generation iPod touch, but I was just looking at the tech specs for those the other day, and there was no mention of true GPS, only Wi-Fi-based approximations.

I'd enjoy reading your "APRS and Benchmarking" article sometime if you put it on your website again. I don't have an APRS setup myself, but one time when hams were still assisting with the Tournament of Roses parade, I followed some of the floats as they converged on Pasadena the night of Dec. 31st.

BTW, if you want other people to see your benchmark finds rather than their own, you need this URL

http://www.geocaching.com/mark/nearest.aspx?A=3022074

Patty N6BIS

I think the article you mentioned was titled "BMI: A Prescription for Therapy" and I did post it on my web page.

The URL you quoted does show my "Geocaching finds", but, my web page lists all "events" starting at day one and includes the WSDOT Benchmarks I've found that do not have PID numbers.

I'm going to document the stuffin's out of a bridge Benchmark that is scheduled for replacement to hopefully insure it is salvaged and reset.

That is very cool.. I wonder if there are any cameras that will do that.

Some of the newer digital cameras will/can save Meta Data which includes GPS stuff. That can be manipulated with Photoshop to "layer" the data onto the digital photograph.

If there is a camera capable of doing it on the fly, it would probably be out of my price range. This app was only a few bucks, does it on the fly and e-mails the complete image to my house ready to use. I can't believe it is so handy for what I want to do with it, supplement my high resolution digital photographs with the data.

I think the article you mentioned was titled "BMI: A Prescription for Therapy" and I did post it on my web page.

Super! The "APRS & Benchmarking" link is broken, so please let us know the new link.

The URL you quoted does show my "Geocaching finds", but, my web page lists all "events" starting at day one and includes the WSDOT Benchmarks I've found that do not have PID numbers.

Okay, I was just pointing out the that link on your web page to "My Geocaching Log" goes to the log of the person clicking it. So all of those who aren't you see our own logs, not yours. :-)

Patty